Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Bill Griffiths Ghost Stories on Pages


In 2005 I read a marvellous ghost story in Neon Highway written by Bill Griffiths. I told him what I thought of it and he said he had more, both published in book form (Seaham Tales) and unpublished. I offered to publish six new ones - and did so, on Pages, one per month. To celebrate his new Collected Poems but also aware of his absence, here are the links to the ghost stories. Enjoy this English municipal Gothic, Griffiths-style. I hope you don't mind these raw links. They are numbered.


http://robertsheppard.blogspot.co.uk/2005/10/bill-griffiths-ghost-stories-1-tommy.html







And my reading of Bill's The Book of the Boat here

(Note: the image at the top comes from the Poetry Buzz in 2005, a celebration for Allen Fisher, with Lawrence Upton, Rob Holloway, usefully holding the amp, Bill reading, Allen listening: Brixton. There's another picture of Bill waiting to read at Edge Hill University here.)