Wednesday, April 15, 2015

25 Edge Hill Poets: Anthony Arnott




My time at Edge Hill was an enjoyable time, in which I was able to learn and apply the techniques of a variety of writers. The MA, particularly, allowed me to craft my work and, alongside the theoretical  side of my studies, guided me into finding my ‘voice’ as a writer. Had it not been for the MA, I would not be a published poet today.


That night at the speakeasy


The last word I can remember

is willow,

as we pass beer through

our lips and into, onto

the chamber of our tongues.


Heat is bearable as

two people

I have never

and will never

meet wrestle – no, battle for my

affection.

And, I brought them here.



Details of the MA in Creative Writing at Edge Hill may be read here. Anthony's Barcode is published by Erbacce (a fine press run by two former students of the MA: Andrew Taylor and Alan Corkish).